Friday, April 9, 2010

21st Century and Me

OK, Ray Houser has just entered the 21st Century. I know, it is already 1/10 of the way over, but I am finally here. I am resolved to keep running to try to keep up. Sometimes I get tired, and I want to say, "Whoa, I've gone far enough." But I know that only guarantees irrelevance. While no one can help getting older, becoming irrelevant is not predestined. Besides, I want to grow old, not just get old, and that means trying new things and learning new skills. These days are confusing, but they are also very exciting, and they are are filled with great opportunities. For me, my hope is that these days will be ones of great expectations. So...


  • I will keep trying to keep up.

  • I will not be afraid of learning new things.

  • I will try not to think how hard I worked to gain competencies that are no longer needed.

  • I will keep my enthusiasm for what is over the next hill, or around the next curve.

And some day I will be known as that old guy, who is still pretty doggone sharp!

21st Century, Ray Houser has arrived. Deal with it!

5 comments:

  1. Go Ray! You're one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed a life long learner. I like that! The correct spelling is guarantee! LOL

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! Keep on keepin' on!!

    Love ya!! Cindy Talley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of Blogging, Ray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every generation needs a "learner." Welcome!

    ReplyDelete